for a healthier,
Relationships, Results & Renewal
Grief & Loss
Mindfulness & Meditation
Certified Yoga Teacher
Adults & Young Adults
Grandparents & Parents
Immigrants & Refugees
Joy & Peace
Jennifer Fallon, PhD, LP
Phone: (612) 524-5834
Fees: To preserve privacy, as well as treatment flexibility and integrity, services are paid for directly by clients at the time of sessions. However, pre-payments for a set # of sessions are possible. In recognition of the investment clients make in their well-being for therapy, I am happy to provide receipts for insurance out of pocket expenses. If finances are a barrier to getting help, please let me know.
INSPIRED BY RESILIENCE.
My Approach & Experience.
My approach to psychotherapy is integrative, emphasizing wellness of mind, body, spirit, and connection. Working holistically, in recognition of the wide range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, environmental, cultural, and contextual influences that affect health, grants me flexibility in interventions to meet clients where they are in healing journeys or paths of development. I combine recent advances in neuroscience with empirically supported treatments and age-old practices of yoga and meditation to facilitate well-being and resilience. Drawing on strengths, studying smaller achievements, incorporating movement and meditation, and even reconnecting with the outdoor world, can support growth in a more natural, more joyful process.
I am trained in both health and clinical psychology, with an emphasis in exercise science, and completed my doctorate with my dissertation on Yoga as an Intervention for Enhanced Wellbeing in African American Student Athletes. I also focused on trauma, completing an internship at the Veterans’ Administration Long Beach, California, Healthcare System, working with veterans with PTSD, trauma-related substance abuse, relationship difficulties, physical diseases, and end of life challenges; and later completing a post-doctoral fellowship at the Center for Victims of Torture, a wonderful nonprofit created to serve immigrants here seeking asylum after being targeted and tortured in their home countries. Across these various settings, I have learned, utilized and absorbed various psychological approaches and tools, including a foundation of cognitive behavioral therapy, with narrative therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, attachment, and mindfulness emphases added. I am also proud to be an affiliate working with the Partners in Resilience, facilitating the Pathways to Resilience groups and developing further programming.
S A M P L E
• Listen to your concerns/aims.
• Discuss practicalities (e.g., scheduling, fees).
CONNECTION & INFORMATION
• Understand your journey, strengths & stress
management strategies .
• Assess wellness & symptoms now.
• Provide perspective & resources.
• Explore primary and secondary areas of focus.
• Identify short, mid, and long-range goals.
• Agree upon approaches and desired timeframe.
• Meet for individual/couples sessions at agreed upon interval.
• Explore holistic interventions & possible integration of
movement (e.g. walking, hiking, yoga).
• Reassess progress & adjust interventions accordingly.
• Revise treatment plan or aims as appropriate.
• Determine readiness and sense of accomplishment.
• Review tools & skills learned in order to continue growth.
• Leave happy, and return for tune-up or new life situation.